Monday 21 April 2014

Cavalcanty I


This new blog, which will concern itself with poetry, & be highly irregular, kicks off with another recent project. After finishing my versions of Petrarch's sonnets in October 2013, I am now turning my attention to Guido Cavalcanti. 


Cavalcanty

Sonnet I

contains additional material
for reading groups & cartons of ashes
so go diminutive autoscopy
fast rewind to the start of the tunnel

beyond departments of psychophysics
& the carbonized traces of tinder
she drove through my hedge & into the lounge
creating this derelict extension

interspersed with irregular sections
rafters & yells trashed plasterboard & stars
runes slashed in human hide & toxic air

made inexplicably invisible
to most members of the neighbourhood watch
she shone among the ex-pats of Rapallo

No comments:

Post a Comment